Saturday, April 26, 2008

Yet another reason to Praise God!

My sister was involved in a tragic accident today. You might have seen it on the news, when the semi crashed into the train station and stairs in Chicago last night. She was there with some friends and literally ended up 10 feet from the wheel of the semi.

Here is the news link about the accident, 3 of her friends are pictured sitting on the sidewalk with one of them holding the back of her head because it was lacerated.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/04/25/truck.crash.ap/index.html

Her and all of her friends have either been or are in the processing of being released from the hospital as I type now. PRAISE GOD!!!

It is so hard to make sense of these horrendous accidents. I know that He doesn't like to see any of His children suffer, but yet there is evil and we must live in this fallen world.

I am so overwhelmed though at living so far away really soon when something like this happens. How will I handle it when I am 'there' and not 'here'? This has certainly been on my mind all night.

I have come to one conclusion ...

HE can take care of my family better than I will ever be able too. I can pray from anywhere and one thing He has impressed on my heart many times this past year is that His presence will still be familiar and comforting to me even when everything around me will be totally unfamiliar and not comfortable at first.

I won't like being so far away if tragedy comes, but I know that I trust Him with my family. I trust Him to walk us through it. I trust Him to bring good for what is intended for evil.

Very thankful tonight for my sister, His provision, and to be able to hear her voice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you and I'm very thankful for God's protection over Andrea and her friends.

I loved your conclusion that He(God) can take care of my family better than I will ever be able too.

He is so faithful, and he will be just as faithful no matter where we are.

We can say Lord I don't understand, but I trust you.

Love & Prayers,

Darlene

Home Sweet Home :-)

Home Sweet Home  :-)