Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Answer, My sister, and Durja Puja

Ok, thank you to everyone who participated in the mystery food game.

It's actually not all that gross of a food at all. It's actually rather common. BUT it had the worst taste of anything we've had so far.






They were actually chicken fingers.





NO ..... not actual chicken fingers, just boneless chicken that had been breaded and fried.

Before we ordered them I asked to make sure it was what I was thinking it would be. They said it was and so we ordered it.

when it was served, I knew something wasn't right just be the looks of it.

I found out later that the oil that they fry things in here is used over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over .... etc... you get the picture!



Basically the same batch of oil can be used for weeks to fry anything, fish, chicken, fries, etc...

YUCK!!!

That's what we tasted. I know for sure we did not get a fresh batch of oil!!!!

So, Lisa, you won ... you actually said chicken fingers! Congrats! Be waiting for your prize to come ... I am not kidding either!

We are having a great time with my sister being here. She just got here today and has handled jet lag very well ... she is sound asleep now, but she lasted ALL DAY! She only took a 15 minute power nap on the way to the Girls Home (more on that later!) and then she went to bed about 8pm. She's amazing!

She went to our new place and helped so much already! Just her ideas on how to use the space we have and her helping to organize me and get stuff done is tremendous. She brought me an amazing piece of her art too! I can't wait to find the perfect spot for it in our home. I absolutely love it ... she put a lot of thought into and it means so much to me.

She also brought all the cards and surprises from everyone back home, that is so nice. We haven't even had a chance to go through it all yet, but we have opened the cards and we are going to frame everyone one of them and put them on our wall. It's our first batch of mail from 'home' and we cherish it! THANK YOU! (except we probably won't frame the musical card, Janet & Paul, b/c we love playing it! Maybe when it quits working ...)

The big Durja Puja celebration has started. It's crazy here. Lots of music and it's just really busy everywhere. In contrast to Durja Puja the fellowship here is having a camp this week for kids and adults. There are great speakers and all kinds of activities for the kids. We are going to get a chance to speak and help with a camp that a smaller fellowship in an outlying area is doing. It is great to get to partner together to do more and reach more!

And a big thank you to Jim, Chase, Trey, Zane, Tye, Aven, Judy, & Russ for making it possible for Andrea to be here ... you don't know how much it means to us ...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it's good to get to spend some time with family. I hope she has a good visit and is safe travelling. Are you living in your new place, or are you still staying with others while you get it ready? We love, love, love you all! And are praying for you! :) Much love~Mallorie

Reach To India said...

we are hoping to move in this week!!! We are so excited to get our own place. Thank you for your prayers, we certainly need them right now with everything going on.

Anonymous said...

Yea!
Now, get back to shopping and enjoying your Sister Time with Andrea!

Lisa J. Davis

Anonymous said...

Sister time is so important. Hugs from us. Russ & Judy
Things are great here. Aven walks around saying Mommy bye-bye, and Mommy be back. Tye is learning to say Oh my go..shhhh with Zane's instruction. Chase and Trey are great TEACHERS and Jim seems to sneak in some work and basketball here and there just fine. I may offer to tackle laundry today, or I may just take them all outside, they're really easy to entertain. It was a joy to watch each of them talk to Mom when she calls.

Dawna said...

LOVE the flat!!! In reading Sis's post I want to tell you that I know it is a difficult balance to walk as a servant and feel guilty for comfort. I pray the Lord can give you peace with this. He is not limited by our expectations of provision. I'm praying that you can make all decisions through him and will receive his peace. SOOOOO happy for you all. Looking forward to an update on Mr. D?????

Where is he?

Dawna

Reach To India said...

Mr. D is incognito as usual ... working in the background! Actually he's been spending long days at our flat trying to keep the workers working ... it's a monumental task here to get a little work done between tea breaks. ugh! But he's doing a good job! We should get to move in this week. It is hard to find the balance between meeting needs vs wants. It's so hard to walk in my front door when so many right outside my door don't even have a home. I know we have to be able to 'escape' at times, but it's certainly a mental battle. We are working through it ... we know we have to have the 'escapes' in order to be here long term. If this was just a short term thing, it wouldn't be so important, but we are not short term. Guilty for comfort is a good way to describe it, but our God is not the author of guilt so we know its not from Him!

Home Sweet Home :-)

Home Sweet Home  :-)