I know we all have, but when you go out and try to speak and can only say a small portion of what you actually want to say, it's really hard to feel like there's much progress.
But today was different!
I was in a shop that I go to frequently and I was able to strike up a conversation with a couple of the ladies that work there. I was there for over an hour talking with them and conversing. I had to ask a few times for them to repeat what they said or slow down so I could understand, but all in all I got it!!!!!!
YIPPEEEE!!!!!

I understood them when they asked where my kids were, I understood them when they asked me what I wanted and I could tell them in their language what I was going to be using it for ... and they understood! I understood when they asked me what I was going to have for lunch, I understood what it was and what they were telling me when they told me what they had for lunch! I understood when one of them shared with me that her husband just had stroke a little while ago and that he has been in the hospital. I was able to talk to her about Jesus, our Healer, and that I will pray for him.
I was so elated when this open door came where I could share about Jesus and be praying for her husband. This would not have happened, I believe, if I had not been speaking her language!
That's what it's all about. This is why we are here. There is no Light in this area and we are here to shine brightly.
There's a lot still to learn, but we are progressing. Sweet relief!
Thank you Jesus for giving us the ability to learn and the patience to understand!


6 comments:
Yay for you! I am sure that was SO encouraging. Good for you! Glad to hear you are making progress. I am sure it felt wonderful to visit with them. PTL!
By the way, I am graduating from college Thursday...YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So happy your language lessons are finally helping you to be able to share God and prayer with the people of India.
I was so excited for you when you got to carry on a conversation with the ladies at the shop. Especially that you got to tell them about Jesus, and how he can heal, and that you will be praying for her husband.
I'm so proud of all of you, and keep up the good work.
I know it is very hot there, and I'm praying for some relief.
Love you,
Darlene
CONGRATS Mallorie!!!! We can't even say how proud we are of you. We were there when you made the tough decisions to be obedient to what God was asking you to do, and you did it. Now you are going to step further into ALL He has for you. You are amazing!!!!
Thanks for your prayers Darlene and your excitement for us! We are really excited too. It's finally turning a corner and we can actually reap some benefits ... we still have a LONG way to go, but just this little bit has been so re-motivating. ;-) We pray you and Charles are well too.
xoxoxoxoxo
HPTL!!! I am so excited for you guys! What an amazing opportunity! Thanks sharing this!
Praying for more open doors!
Tonya
That is great! What a good student you are and using it daily. Think about how quickly you are learning and applying what you are learning. I give you an A+++++
So proud of you.
Dawna
WOW!!!
You all seem to be quick studies!!!
that is NOT an easy language to learn (from what I've heard...and what you've told me! snicker)
CONGRATS to ALL of you!!!!
Your Greenwood FanClub
Post a Comment