We came and told stories, sang songs, danced (of course ... Bollywood!!!), read the Bible, and had a terrific lunch together ... "all the fixin's" ... chicken curry, grilled vegetables, dal, and rice. It was a great lunch!!!
After lunch, they taught me how to play the game Karom. Here is picture of the board:

The object is the flip the chips into one of the side pockets by flipping a bigger chip and knocking them in. Sounds easy, but it's not! Some of the girls are very good at this game and it was so fun to play and have them laugh at me because I couldn't even flip the chip most of the time, but yet they would flip it and get a chip in the pocket all the time! I really enjoyed playing this with them and cheering for them when they scored!
I got some video while I was there. I can't show any of the girls faces due to our concern for their safety and well being. These girls have been rescued out of brothels. Most of their mothers are still in the brothel trying to 'work' their way out. There are 16 girls in this home. They get to see their Mom's twice a year, once on Mother's Day and then on Christmas. There are 3 ladies that care for them and love these girls like their own. Let me tell you, I only hope that I can exude the same type of love that these ladies show for these girls. It is an amazing thing to watch.
Please pray that the girls continue to adjust and understand that they weren't mistakes, but yet still very much within His divine purpose! This is a very difficult thing for them to understand and accept, considering their circumstances. These girls lives today are full of hope and anticipation, because someone cared and took action for them. Thinking where these girls would be today without that care and action just makes my mind shudder ... there are so many more girls out there that need an advocate for them. Please lift us up that we can make these connections and find more ways to bring them 'home.'
The first video is of their room:
girls room
This is a video of them dancing for us, dancing is HUGE here. If you've ever seen an Indian movie from Bollywood (real place, no joke) you'll know why! Bollywood is the Indian version of Hollywood, obviously. Most all of their movies include a lot of musical interludes with dancing ... go to Blockbuster and check one out, it would be fun! Here's the girls dancing, they have some kind of new dance every time I go!
And here they are singing ... what beautiful words for these girls to understand!


6 comments:
I'm so glad those girls were rescued from that awful place!!!
And I hope you get to keep your (i'm sure) much needed oven!!
Renee
What a beautiful experience for you! BEAUTIFUL ENCOURAGEMENT FOR THEM! I'm sure they enjoyed every minute of your visit. Thanks for sharing some of it with us!
Bollywood has been making the national news in the states. The big talk is about the movie "Slum Dog Millionaire" which has received Oscar recogniton in the USA. I hear it is opening in India soon;)
from Back Home in Indiana
Oh
I enjoyed this. They really do seem like such sweet sweet girls. When you mentioned the English class do they also study the KJV or other. Just wondering if that was a class as well. If you can think of anything to send the girls would you let me know? I would love to do this however I'm not sure if the package would arrive : ). A life of prostitution. Who are the patrons? I ask this because there is such a huge outcry if even a man kisses a girl on their bollywood programs. Complete outrage. Can you explain how they justify this?
Glad you are there!
How is S settling in? I want to hear an update on B as well.
Dawna
These videos are most informative. There must be much happiness for those girls to be out of what they were in before. Thank you for all of the information you send.
Hi everyone!
Dawna, yes they study NIV in a separate class ... they LOVE to show me what they are memorizing every time I go. They repeat it to me many many times ... it never gets old though! The patrons? Well, same kinda lowlife sleezy guys that use prostitutes in the U.S. kwim? Sure there are outcries from many, and that is the 'majority' ... but there are plenty of men that have a lot of issues and need peace but are looking for it in the wrong place. So sad. Also, on another sad note - the 'business' increases tremendously during religious festivals here ... there are temple prostitutes even. We don't know all we should about this yet, but it makes our hearts heavy when these festivals go on, b/c we also know the other parts that happen too. It's rather 'hidden' too ... it's certainly not something that people here who are 'proper' would engage in a conversation about. I will find out about sending the girls something!!! ;-)
Our youngest is doing MUCH better! I will give a good update on the blog soon, thanks for asking!
I so enjoyed seeing the videos of the girls dancing, and singing and being able to be free in the Lord. I'll be praying for their mothers to be set free also.
It sure sounds like it is a great blessing to you everytime you get to go and share with those girls. I'm sure they look forward to your visit.
The people who take care of these girls must love God and them very much.
So glad you can be there and be a witness.
Hope you and your family have a great week.
Love you,
Darlene
Post a Comment