Saturday, January 3, 2009

A game to help the situation

Well, we know that there are several boxes that have been sent to us.

We are so excited for them to get here ... but when?

I thought I would start a little game for everyone to guess how many days it will be until we receive them. If we can't beat 'em ... join 'em, right? :-)

So post a comment with your guess as to how many days it will be!

Just a little history:

Most boxes were sent the week after Thanksgiving or the first week of December. One box was sent the first week of November (ugh!). I sent a couple boxes from here back home the 2nd week of December and they have already been received! I guess getting from here to there is faster than from there to here somehow ...

I went to the post office today with high expectations to return with lots of goodies ... but no boxes for us! boo. boo. boo.!!!!!!

I also thought I would try to mail a couple letters home, so I asked for stamps while I was there.

The postman looked at me and told me that they don't keep a supply of stamps there.

Bwwwaaahhahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Ok, so if no stamps at the post office ... then where?

I think he said this because it is a smaller post office here in our area, which is well outside the main city limits, so maybe a bigger post office would have them.

It amazes me how this stuff doesn't even surprise me anymore. A month or two ago, I would have felt the adrenaline shoot through my veins when I was told something ridiculous like this. Now, I just give a huge smile back and tell them, "that's ok and thank you for your time" in their language. Not that it doesn't 'bother' me, but it's par for the course here ... I've certainly learned that!

I'll let you know the outcome of my stamp search too ... maybe I'll check the pharmacy for stamps ... hmmmmmm .....

So what's your guess about how many days it will be until we receive these precious packages? Post now! The winner will have all kinds of surprises bestowed upon them!

8 comments:

Reach To India said...

I am thinking positively (VERY positively) ....

3 days

LOL!

Anonymous said...

I'm saying the first week of February.

Maybe you can ask the people that sent you the boxes what they look like. Then you can go to the post office again and snoop around until you see them,like last time you found them.

I can't imagine how frustrating things must be there. I'm sure you are learning a lot of patience, which we all need to learn.

Have a great weekend.

Love you,

Darlene

Anonymous said...

12 days

Anonymous said...

We guess about two weeks...although I pray it will only be two DAYS. Get any letters recently?? As for mailing a letter back home, maybe you could just give the letter to the mail man without any stamp and he will let you know the postage amount and write on it. Who knows???
We enjoyed your recent blogs. Want to hear more about the jumping moving trains story....
Love from Us
Back Home in Indiana

Dawna said...

The Sandalas think someone is enjoying your Christmas presents
: (

I will say 3 days if you show up at the post office with goodies and maybe a little $.

Oh I forgot this is not Russia.
Wink Wink

Dawna

Reach To India said...

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO Dawna!!!!! putting my fingers in my ears!!!

;-) lol

The Russia way might work ... they loved the brownies I took to them - TWICE! 3rd times a charm maybe?

No, God's got it in control ... He's going to get them to us! He knows where they are ... under some 50 year old wood table stacked with huge old and yellowed notebooks, on a dust covered dirty floor with flies everywhere!

Reach To India said...

I'll let him tell about the jumping trains story ... so far he has refused to blog about it. Hmmmm maybe details that I would be better off just not knowing????? Probably! He's going train hopping ... I mean riding ... again on Tuesday, so anticipate some stories, I am sure.

Yes, we received another letter! Thanks! They get here A LOT faster. It was the one with the 'be obedient' and 'be good' stickers on the little ones letter ... loved that! ;-)

Reach To India said...

just had a friend here receive a box that was sent on 11/25 from the States ... so we are still hoping! She lives a couple post offices closer to the main 'hub' so those extra couple transits for our boxes could probably turn into a few extra days ... but in actuality it's like going from Greenwood to Whiteland! HA!

Home Sweet Home :-)

Home Sweet Home  :-)